|FAST (Fast And Simple Ticket) is a support ticket system with a paper trail which allows a helpdesk operator to take over from another at the end of a shift. Tickets can also be assigned to a specific operator for the purpose of escalating the request to a higher level or subject specifically trained operator. The paper trail means support operators can look back at previous communications without the constraints of individual email systems.|
FAST has several features:
From the beginning, a lot of thought went into a suitable name for FAST. The first proposed was "Fast And Reliable Ticket", but was dropped because the acronym wasn't corporately acceptable.
- Web and email - Tickets are created the web interface and emailed to the creator and specific email accounts configured to be notified.
- Auto emails - all ticket updates are sent by email.
- Account free - emails include a link with a special code removing the need for the client to set up an account and maintaining the tickets security.
- Template replies - predefined responses for frequently asked questions, saves a lot of time and are easy to add or edit.
- All account holders can customise the background colour of their environment to avoid eye stress.
- iFrame - the ticket creation can be done via an iFrame which allows easy integration with any web site.
- Easy config changes - once the system is up and running, the config file is imported into the database (excluding database access information), allowing easy changes to site style and variables.
FAST has gone through several versions with some not being practical for the OpenSource market. Interest in FAST has grown so much we are now offering support where possible, though it must be remembered that FAST is free and earning a living will always come first. Donations are always appreciated.